Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

My documents v Recently opened documents

brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
As a newcomer to CAD in general and to Onshape in particular I have looked at many documents as part of my learning process. Consequently, when I start Onshape I am presented with a long list of "Recently opened" documents scattered amongst which is a much shorter list of my own creations. I know that I can click on "My documents" to see that shorter list but would quite like to have a configuration option to open "My documents" as the default. Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    jochen333jochen333 OS Professional Posts: 28 PRO
    Vote up for your idea.

Another thing:

I would like to delete documents from my Recently List view to clean this list up. Would be helpfuly after a browsing session in public documents.

But that in the context-menu please!
  • Options
    lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
    +1

Another thing:
    The flat document list is a mess, a possibility to organize them in folders would be very usefull.
  • Options
    cadmandocadmando Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    +1

Another one:
    The PS Ass Drawing Tabs on the bottom can get messy, Maybe different colours would help
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    +1

I'm also in favor of all the above especially the document flat list. Colored tabs would be alright but I would prefer to be able to consolidate tabs. That is I'd like to be able to create a "folder" tab per say and then insert other tabs into it. Then possibly to even have folder tabs with there contents to be able to be inserted into other folder tabs.

_Ðave_
  • Options
    mlml Member Posts: 53 PRO
    +1 "My documents" as the default

and additionaly: the actual column sort will be stored. then it is possible to get the list with my custom 'name ascending' instead the ever default 'date descending'

Drawing Tabs on the bottom: +1
    I've mentioned this already under https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/19016/#Comment_19016  with: stacking the unused picture-tabs into a folder would be useful for more clarity

• Options
    gary_coates645gary_coates645 Member Posts: 7
    +1
    option for "My documents" as the default
  • Options
    gary_coates645gary_coates645 Member Posts: 7
    +1 option for "My documents" as the default