Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

webgl not work on my desktop

Reece_IsaacReece_Isaac Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Since returning from overseas, I have been trying to revert to my desktop computer from which I had affectively cloned to my laptop prior to going OS. The desktop is an older machine that is running Linuxmint 18 (up till yesterday 17.3) the laptop also is running 17.3.
The desktop has a dual core Athlon cpu and a Nvidia gs7100 gpu running the recommended propriety driver  (the laptop has a quad core Pentium and a nvidia gpu). The laptop developed a similar issue with Firefox in the last couple of weeks but has been cured. Prior to and since then I have been able to open and work on models with the laptop.

With the desktop computer, I have not been able to get either Chromium or Firefox to display any of the models I select to show on screen.  I have one model that has a drawing tab that will display without the dimensions showing until a mouse movement then the screen goes blank. 
I have been trying to prove that webgl is turned on and what tests I've managed to do, say it is on. 
The problem being with both browsers makes me think that it is a system issue. 
Apart from getting a new gpu, does anyone have any ideas how I can trouble shoot this?
Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks Bradley for the info.  I've resolved the issue by installing a hand-me down graphics card (Geforce 9800 gt) and a $75 computer case (and a $12 dvi-vga adapter).  I would love to go back and check with that page to discover why my old card wouldn't work. I knew there was a page to check somewhere but couldn't think of its url.  It has been OK with webgl in the past.  The machine is 10 years old now that I've been searching for issues. At least my machine doesn't look so dated anymore. 
  • Options
    Graphics card failed today. back to square one.
  • Options
    Graphics card failed today. back to square one.