Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Linear pattern a mate connector?

laird_broadfieldlaird_broadfield Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Mate connectors sometimes seem to be neither fish nor fowl.

Today's challenge: I have a surface, with a grid of 3x10 possible positions.  I'd like to put one mate, correctly oriented, at one position, and then pattern the one mate connector to get 30.  If mates were sketch entities, I could do that in a sketch.  If they were features, I could use feature pattern.  Neither seems to work.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    john_zabriskiejohn_zabriskie OS Professional, Developers Posts: 1
    Thanks, Jayson. Excellent technique! (Thanks so much for posting this, so I could find it.
  • Options
    jacob_roth_ritchiejacob_roth_ritchie Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Jason_S said:
    @laird_broadfield,

Try using a Linear pattern. I Feature patterned a single mate connector over the holes here:

or you can make one hole and one mate connector and then pattern them all:

Feature pattern is very powerful.

Good luck,

Jason
    Hello,
    We are struggling with this as well. I can replicate the mate connector in a part studio, but when I insert the item into an assembly, it only shows one. If I try to replicate the mate connectors in an assembly, I cannot select them. Here is our file.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/32e30644c9ab73ab63a8c61c/w/a0ac19740904557b1faf4ca8/e/d2e5044ad839df7e55f075e4
  • Options
    jacob_roth_ritchiejacob_roth_ritchie Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I figured it out :) there is an "apply per instance button." That worked. Thank you for the excellent overview here.