Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft with two helix as guides

jerome_goyetjerome_goyet Member Posts: 11
Hello
I cannot figure out why the loft function is not working between two rectangles linked by two guides. These two guides are 2 Helix on one cylinder and one cone.
Any hint ?
Thanks.

link :https://cad.onshape.com/documents/222ab969059100e7553483e5/w/5b1f616ae80e552e159ad47b/e/1a3ada42250135a48b6cf80c

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny. I'd like to test your model, but every time I try to make a copy of the workspace, it becomes another model. I'm guessing it has something to do with the common name being used ("Test"). I tried making public/private and/or renaming. Same issue. @ilya_baran, do you see the same workspace copy behavior?
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    @mahir
    I am not seeing that -- can make a copy fine.  Please file a support ticket if you see such weirdness.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jerome_goyet, I believe the issue is with the points without guide curves. OS doesn't know how to connect them without creating a self-intersection. I tried creating some guide curves and lofting individual surfaces, but OS didn't like that back surface.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5791360ae4b02dc672bd6227/w/6ce0e0871423b9c2ba9d3fb0/e/86ff37a636076790310b3d62
  • Options
    jerome_goyetjerome_goyet Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2016
    Many thanks for your answers,
    - the file "test" on which I made the drawings seems quite weird as it size is 110Mo whereas it contains basic shapes, it looks like a corrupted file as you were not able to make a copy.
    - regarding the loft creation, my wish is to create a solid, i'll try again by applying your advice (one guide curve per profile point)