Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Video of simulation

bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
Is there a way to get a video of a simulation happening in Assembly? Can an auto sequence be specified?

Comments

• Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    You can animate a mate.....
    This is a very limited feature at this point.  I too am looking forward to more advanced animation.  
  • Options
    malay_kumarmalay_kumar Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 93
    We thought video capture can be done using external application. 

@coleman @bert_fourie Can you please list kind of features you would like in animation (ordered by priority if possible). 
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @malay_kumar

I think with onshape collaboration capabilities, an animation feature set will fit perfectly in the onshape package. 

Basic key-framing to animate assemblies would be nice.  

• Options
    bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
    I used a piece of free software called "Screen Capturer". It worked fine and relatively painlessly, but who knows what other gimmicks is now installed on my computer! I tried several applications and this one was the best of the lot. In Onshape I chose the primary rotary relationship, set angular limits, ran a simulation and used Screen Capture to capture a movie at 10 frames/second - the result was good.

I would propose the good folk at Onshape talk to Simsolid - they have an in-build capturing capability which works well - maybe Onshape can "borrow" from them?