Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Regenerating Features in Different Order

cory_ibanezcory_ibanez Member Posts: 10
So I have run into an issue where I have a loft shape that I am performing a number of remove extrudes on and various other features that effect that part. If I choose to add more guide curves to the loft, I have to delete the loft and recreate it with the new guide curves otherwise the loft will not generate properly for whatever reason. But once I do that, all of the remove extrudes and other features that I had following the loft fail. I try to manually go through and set the new loft as the target for these features but they still do not generate properly, is there any way to maintain these remove extrudes and other features when altering the base part that they effect.

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that once you delete the loft the extrudes don't know which part body to act on. If possible, make the loft add to a pre-existing part body. That way, when you delete the loft it doesn't delete the part body that the remove extrudes use as the merge context. Another option is to set the context for the remove extrudes to Merge with All. Then, it won't matter if you delete the loft creating the part. 
  • Options
    cory_ibanezcory_ibanez Member Posts: 10
    Unfortunately, I can't do that since the loft is the only body in this part. And I have tried setting Merge with All for the extrudes but they still do not resolve properly.
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try inserting a dummy feature before the loft that gets consumed by it - a small extrusion or something. The other option is to figure out how to modify your loft without deleting it. I know lofts tend to be nitpicky, but perhaps I or someone else can figure out why you haven't been able to edit your loft successfully.