Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Move unconstrained points out of sketch

maxdotreynoldsmaxdotreynolds Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
This is my base sketch:

ive got another sketch that uses the unconstrained point, and i want to set dimensions that move the point on the base sketch. is this possible?

here's the link.. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0789b731d80c82a40477461e/w/390cf39e06f9d6db2950f3ba/e/1f2dde15a7fac9ba142b2d84

Answers

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ max_reynolds , Please check whether you are made document public ? I m not able to open the above link.
  • Options
    SquidLordSquidLord Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Sure, just Use the original point from the first sketch in the second. Though my suspicion is that you're approaching the problem in a way that's roundabout and making it more complex than it has to be.
  • Options
    daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    If you're trying to modify a sketch that was created earlier in the time line using a sketch point created later in the time line, I don't think that's possible.  If you can reverse the order of the sketches in the time line, you can use @SquidLord 's solution, the "Use (Project/Convert)" tool to define a coincident point in the second sketch.  If the order of the sketches has to remain the same, then you may have to approach the problem in a different way.  If you share the file it will be much easier to help.