Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Glitchy behavior when manipulation settings set for Creo

brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
I have noticed trackpad gitches when I have the manipulation settings set for Creo instead of the default. This seems to happen when I need to zoom or spin while a requester is up. Notably, when adding mates in models or an assembly, I often lose the ability to rotate the model. If I close the requester, I usually get the ability back, but sometimes I have to leave and return to the document. This behavior does not seems to manifest when using the default settings.

I only use my MacBook Air trackpad for modeling. This may seem strange to many of you, but I can go faster with my trackpad than even my best students with their "fancy" mice. Maybe a space ball equipped student would be faster. I have MagicPrefs installed and running in the background with settings to simulate a middle mouse button using 3-finger taps and drags. It has worked flawlessly for me for 3+ years. I looked for a similar utility on Windows for students who have forgotten their mouse, but no dice.

Comments

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Could you please file a feedback ticket within the document. Click on the question mark icon (?) and select the feedback option to file a ticket on this.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Could you please file a feedback ticket within the document. Click on the question mark icon (?) and select the feedback option to file a ticket on this.
    I just set the settings back to Creo and will watch for it to happen again. It will if yesterday is any indication, because it happened at least 6 times.