Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I rotate part so a face match top plane?

My part has flat but inclined face. I am preparing that part for 3d printing and need to rotate the part so that the face become parallel to top plane.

Rotate by angle does not work for me as the angle is pretty hard to calculate. 

I tried mate connectors, but I could not define a mate connector on a plane.

So what would be the correct way for such kind of rotation?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    I think I'm right in saying that you can attach a mate connector at the origin and then re-orientate/realign that mate connector so it has its z axis, or which ever axis is need, pointing in the right direction. You should then be able to 'transform>by mate connector'
  • oleksandr_masliuchenkooleksandr_masliuchenko Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much for your answers.

I was almost there when I tried to apply mate connector to an Origin. But I was confused by mandatory 'owner part' field. It looks somewhat odd as I am rotating several parts of my part studio. Why this mate connector should belong to one part?

In any case solution works for me. Thank you