Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Feature groups

andyandy Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
In the drawings discussion, @Wiley suggested turning fillets off in drawings. Its something I also do from time to time. It got me thinking about how you might want to turn some off and not others etc, which led me to thinking of groups. I have used other CAD apps in the past that have global variables and they are not ideal. I was wondering what people think of the idea of object groups.

It could be that when you create a fillet you there is the option to add it to a group of fillets and if you need to change the radius in the future you can do it via the group radius setting. For other feature groups, there could be multiple parameters that can be changed via the group setting that get applied to all features.