Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I can't give dimension to a line, How can I fix this?

When I have to give a dimension to a line, I click the dimensions button and then the line I wan't to give a dimension to.

But then when I try to type in a number in the box the dimension doesn't change. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Try refreshing and cache clear -> shift + F5 might do the trick.. If not, contact support through feedback in ?-menu.
    //rami
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    Is the dimension grey? That means it is a "driven" dimension because your sketch is over defined. Only black dimensions can be modified.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    rik_jansenrik_jansen Member Posts: 2
    I was indeed using internet explorer because it is the default browser where i was using it. Now that I'm using chrome I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks for the help.