Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft from a non planar surface

david_fisher031david_fisher031 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Is it possible to loft from a non planar surface ? I wish to loft from a circle that has been projected up to the curved surface in the image below, is this possible ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks for the answer. I didn't know you had to split the surface, I can now do the loft thank you. Is it possible to do the loft so that it goes through a circular path following the outside circle rather than direct, more like a sweep ?

• Options
    Is there a way to add points on the projected circle so as to add 3d splines as guides on the loft ?
  • Options
    I have created a construction line from the centre of the main circle to the centre of the the circle I project. and chosen this as the line for a line angle plane with a dot perpendicular to the plane they're on. I used two points and the pierce constraint to set them where the projected curve passes through the plane. I then use these as part of a 3D spline. When I use this spline as a guide the loft rejects it with the error "all guides should intersect each profile boundary"
  • Options
    I have got this to work now I had re-selected the entire face of the cone not just the curve I needed for the loft.