Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Automated OAuth Callbacks

subakvasubakva Member, Developers Posts: 1
Hello,

I've started seeing requests once per minute to both of my OAuth callback URLs (staging and production) as of a few weeks ago. The requests are invalid (missing state parameter), so my server is rejecting them, creating noise in our logs and event tracking.

Given that the requests are coming to both our staging server and our production server,  I'm guessing that it's some automated process run by Onshape. The IP address in question is 52.72.1.151, which appears to be an EC2 instance.

Could you confirm whether these requests are coming from an Onshape service? If so, could you provide some insight into the purpose of the requests?

Thanks,
Jason Wadsworth
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    We do have a service which is doing a form of 'ping' to test for 'signs of life' with Applications - I think you're seeing evidence of that service interrogating your application.

The service 'pings' both the OAuth redirect URLs and the Base Href (for integrated applications), it does so with 'plausible' GET requests, however the OAuth state param is one that we don't include when interrogating the OAuth redirect URLs (since the state parameter is not mandatory). If you can send an email to api-support@onshape.com we can work out a resolution.
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support