Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvement Request - Parents Children in feature tree by clicking

wolfgang_plutawolfgang_pluta Member, Developers Posts: 2
Hello,

I would like to suggest a kind of user comfort thing that i find very useful in Siemens NX.
When you klick a feature there you instantly see parents (red) and childreen (blue) within the feature tree.

In Onshape i need to make the feature active (double clicking)

kind regards

Wolfgang

Comments

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @wolfgang_pluta , You can vote for this improvement request which is already raised by some other user. Please vote for this improvement request by visiting below link.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1842/feature-tree-folders
  • Options
    wolfgang_plutawolfgang_pluta Member, Developers Posts: 2
    I am not sure if you or i misunderstood the request - this was not about folders but about showing parents children relations without doubleklicking features individually.
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    wolfgang_pluta , At this stage Onshape will not highlight the parent and children feature as explained you.You can raise a improvement request for this.
    As you mentioned we have to
    double click the feature or we have to select show dimension option by right clicking on particular feature to find the parent feature.To find the children,we can suppress the particular feature so that all depending feature turns to red color.
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Narayan_K said:
    To find the children,we can suppress the particular feature so that all depending features turns to red color.
    @wolfgang_pluta , For the time you can use work around mentioned by @Narayan_K . You can raise a improvement request. In future i hope that your request may be implemented by Onshape.