Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to implement sculpting in Onshape?

øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
We all know that Onshape is evolving rapidly, and new features pop up every few weeks (which is awesome).

I have been wondering whether something like sculpting (similar to what Fusion 360 has) is possible to implement in a web-based application like Onshape? Without having used it, I can imagine that it could be quite nice to have for more organic designs, especially when modelling real-world objects with odd shapes and curves.

So, is it conceivable that Onshape could get something like this in the future?

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the OS guys can chime in for a more official response, but I don't see why not. There's nothing in the modeling kernel that precludes it. However, I'm guessing it wouldn't be anytime soon. There is a lot of missing surfacing capability that I would imagine takes precedence over being able to deform a surface via push-pull points.