Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Anyone else find the rendering with meshes imported from STL fatiguing?

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in General
I though the rendering of the messes looked really cool at first. But after using them hour after hour I find the render really starts to become fatiguing.

I suggest either lighting up the lines to where you can faintly see them....so it still looks like a mess but its not so hard to see where actual feature changes occur...or maybe only drawing the thick lines when the normal from adjacent neighboring triangles is over 89 degrees.

What would be really cool is a preference box where you could turn on/off the mesh lines. Where you could vary their intensify from 0 to 100.

If the mesh lines were turned off only lines at the edges would show at full intensity.
If the mesh lines were on ... the edges would show at full intensity but the mesh lines would show at whatever intensity the user had set.

Please. Please. Please consider this. :)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Is is possible to change the rendering of an object in feature script?
  • Options
    ye_2ye_2 Onshape Employees Posts: 5
    You wouldn't be able to change rendering in feature script now. But very good suggestions @OpenR2. The fastest way to get this in the system is to open up a ticket. Click the question mark on the document page, and submit a feedback.