Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly, mating 4 points of interest

Hi, I am having trouble getting one of my parts (with 2 wholes) to connect onto another piece that is at an angle. When I connect one of the holes, it comes up sideways. I was told to do two, separate revolute mates, but it is still moving. Also was told to make sure they align perfectly, and so I did, but still not working out.

Thank you in advance
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Can you share your document as public ,and paste URL here , so we can access it and help you solve it .

• jordi_medellinjordi_medellin Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for that, I figured that part out, realizing I made mistakes on the exact dimensions. Now, I am having a new problem with mating the robotic arm in a "chain-link" manner for the parts to move together, and some of the parts are not moving correctly or sometimes they will not stay in place (like the parts called "Bott. str. arm servo/bearings". I am using revolute mates for most of the parts, and when I try moving that bottom link, it will stay in place. How would you recommend mating the robotic arm? Start with fixing the base? Then one at a time? Or mating some of the parts together first, then putting them into the whole arm?

Thank you