Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add a border to text

ElClipoElClipo Member Posts: 3
I made the following keychain as a way to learn how to work with text, etc. Very simple design but it is very time consuming to do the bottom layer to be shaped around the letters. Is there an easier way, other than drawing and manipulating it by hand? If it exists, I would like to know a way to be able to change the text and have the edge adjust accordingly. I hope that makes sense.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ElClipoElClipo Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the suggestion. I had tried that but I guess I used the wrong settings. I got it to work pretty easily this time with your suggestions. In the end I didn't have to sketch anything after the Move Face. I extruded the center of the letters as Blind in the opposite direction to match the Mirror. Then I selected all entities and used the Boolean to Unite them. Lastly I sketched and extruded the circle for the key ring.

All in all much quicker than drawing it by hand.