Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Export OnShape Drawing to Draftsight

david_bowerdavid_bower Member Posts: 1
Hi, looking for expert help and guidance...

I have created a 3d model of a house in OnShape followed by a single drawing with five sheets showing plans and elevations.
I want to export the drawing sheets for use in Draftsight, so I can edit the drawing and add dimensions, annotations etc.
I have searched all morning for a solution but each time I export from OnShape (right-clicking on the tap in bottom-left and selecting one of the various dwg or dxf export options) I have the same issue when opening the file in Draftsight or indeed, by inserting it as a reference drawing.
1. The scale is wrong, appears to be 50x smaller or thereabouts.
2. The imported or opened file in Draftsight is a block that cannot be exploded.
I have checked the properties of the files and the units appear as MM in both. 
Would appreciate any help with this, I cannot find an answer that works.
Many Thanks