Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom perspective view in drawings?

colin_hearon288colin_hearon288 Member Posts: 1
My company does a lot of patent drawing work, and we have started to shift into using OnShape more than Solidworks.

In SW, we would pick a custom perspective to best show the part we were filing in the patent, then export a drawing, open it in Illustrator, and make the necessary tweaks needed to file a patent.

I don't see a way to export perspective drawings other than the standard isometric view in OnShape, am I missing something?

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @colin_hearon220

Please submit this as an enhancement request.
    That said, there is a work around for custom orientations.
    Create a custom orientation 'block' (a part that contains faces at the orientations you want).
    Create a new assembly.
    Insert the 'orientation' block
    Insert the assembly you want to orient.
    Mate the assembly to the block.
    Insert a drawing view (standard orientation) of this new assembly - and you will have your custom orientation.

I hope this helps.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • johan_van_ravenhorstjohan_van_ravenhorst Member Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    Vote Up the "drawing perspective view" feature here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/10304