Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Showing surfaces in drawings

Pascoe_DesignPascoe_Design Member Posts: 18 PRO
I would really like to show surfaces in the drawings, rather than having to add thickness to them and then show a solid. With complicated surfaces this is tricky and unreliable. Is there a way to do this? If not, please can this be an improvement request? 

My current cad work is predominantly surfacing using Rhino to make composite parts for the marine industry. I would love Onshape to be able to host the large Rhino models to enable easy sharing and creation of drawings from this model. I would then be able to transition to Onshape easily as and when their surfacing capability is improved. 

Comments

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ Pascoe_Design , At this stage surface not able to show in drawing.Surely you can raise an improvement request.
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    Narayan_K said:
    @ Pascoe_Design , At this stage surface not able to show in drawing.Surely you can raise an improvement request.
    You can't show surfaces in drawings?

That's a problem.
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Pascoe_Design,Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.