Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

position center of a circle

emil_holquinemil_holquin Member Posts: 1
how do I change the center location of a circle say the x and y coordinates. I found them but it didn't let me modify them. 

Comments

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    It sounds like the circle has a coincident constraint in place: https://cad.onshape.com/help/#constraints.htm?Highlight=constraint
    In the sketch ,you can check the box to show constraints and then select and delete the one that is preventing you from and then add your dimensions.

Remember you need to be editing a sketch to do this. If you are looking at the measurement in the bottom left of the window, that is just our built-in measure tool which can not be edited: https://cad.onshape.com/help/#measure-ps.htm?Highlight=measure tool
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @emil_holquin, You can check the box to show constraints and then select and delete the one that is preventing you from and then add your dimensions as suggested by @bradley_sauln
    Alternate solution:-
    Step 1:- Copy that circle with the help of copy sketch entity
    Step 2:- Delete the previously created circle
    Step 3:- Paste that circle with the help of paste sketch entities
    Step 4:- Now you can give dimension as per your requirement to newly pasted circle
    Please refer below video for more detail.