Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I place a grid layout in onshape?

PIETERPIETER Member Posts: 1
I'm currently designing eyewear, problem is that i can't get any of my dimensions in, I want to also curve the shape of the glasses to match the face of the client. Do I add extra plane's or do I draw in the grid manually via the sketch tool? 

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    No Grid in the sketcher. Also no way to get hand sketches or vector based 2d geometry into the sketcher. You could translate a 3d models in to a  new part studio and project lines from this using the "use" feature but no good if starting from scratch. I'd manual draw a grid or a set of points, followed by lines and arcs or splines. You may need to add planes to get the 3d shape but I tend to avoid having too many planes and work off sketches.  image
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977