Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I do multiple distance mates in Onshape?

asyraf_saaetasyraf_saaet Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Community Support
I'm trying to mate a specific part on a base plate where the precise distance from the datum is key. Therefore, I'll have to use 3 mates to lock it in place. On the plane is easy but for the X and Y is not as clear cut as in Solidworks. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @asyraf_saaet, If you want to supply an offset distance, check Offset and supply a distance. Fastened mates can offset the entities along any combination of the three axes:

planar-offset example

Offsetting entities from one another during assembly is available for the following mate types:

• Planar offset - Along the Z axis
    • Slider offset - Along the X and Y axes
    • Revolute offset - Along the Z axis
    • Pin slot offset - Along the Z axis
    • Fastened offset - Along the X, Y, and Z axes

You can also drag the entities and observe the distance values in the graphics area. These can help determine the specific values to enter in the dialog.

Please refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    asyraf_saaetasyraf_saaet Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    Thanks guys. But what if I want to mate the part in X direction from face 1, and Y direction from face 2. Is there anyway I still can do that?