Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape Viewer Subscription Plan

Does Onshape consider a lower-cost subscription plan where users have read-only access to documents (inside a company-team)? Maybe somewhere in the range of $10 to $20 per month would be very reasonable in our case.

The Professional plan makes perfect sense for our engineering / operational engineering. However, we would like to share these documents also with our many more manufacturing workers on their tablets and other devices. It would be helpful in some cases if they can rotate models or lookup a missing measure, and to be sure, that everyone accesses the most recent version of a document. Since we use a cloud-based ERP solution, Onshape could be integrated nicely, I assume.

However, the workers on the job-floor typically do not modify documents and they wouldn't need to access them very often, so the Professional plan wouldn't be reasonably priced for them.

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @AniH - Thank you for asking. The short answer is that we would like to work with you. We have created solutions for many companies like yours in exactly the same situation. Please contact your inside sales rep (the person that keeps sending you emails :)) to have a quick chat - they would love to help you. 
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    jcole_3rivers3djcole_3rivers3d Member Posts: 10 PRO
    @AniH I just set up something similar to what you're talking about.  I needed to share stuff with some of my coworkers so they can see my designs but they are not making any themselves.  I have got them to sign up with free user accounts, added them to a team I created, and then shared certain documents with them.  You can then control if they have edit or view rights.  Free users can be shared to private documents, they just can't create their own.