Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why only a half of the sketch face extrudes?

Hi,

I have a new sketch created onto the face of an extrude. The new sketch partly overlaps a cutout. When I want to extrude the new sketch face, only the half of it extrudes. The new shape follows the line of the cutout of the underlying extrude, instead of the new sketch' shape, which is wrong, and I don't know how to fix this.

Please, see screenshots below for better explanation and the link is also here:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a5b3d55095423fd06332ce56/w/543e2b390832a4dd9362d6d4/e/2e1f2e1058e66f202ce2761d

Could someone, please, advise me, what's wrong, and why doesn't the whole face of the new sketch extrudes?

Thanks in advance!
Tiv.

This picture illustrates the new sketch, overlapping the edge of the underlying cutout.

On this picture you can see that the face of the sketch wasn't possible to select at once, because it is somehow distributed along the edge of the underlying cutout. (I don't understand, why. Probably this is the core of the issue, I just don't have a clue, how to eliminate this.):

After extrusion only the half of the selected are was extruded (red striped area missing):

How could I achieve to have it all extruded?

Thank you very much for kind assistance!

Tivadar

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers