Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hosting a local CAD workshop using Onshape

arasaras Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
A lot of people in our makerspace are excited about Onshape and its collaborative potentials and the fact that it runs on Linux! So we have decided to use Onshape in our upcoming series of workshops on CAD which will likely turn into a monthly CAD meeting. In our current space we can host 20 people or so and our workshops are usually sold out. We are very excited to jump on board and learn onshape from this early days. Our first meeting is next Wednesday.

I just wanted to let you know in case you had any comments or recommendations on how we should structure our workshops. Cheers!

Best Answer

• Options
    jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Answer ✓
    @Aras Awesome.  We are perfect for Linux users.  Keep us posted on how your workshop and use of Onshape goes.  @noa may be especially helpful.  And be sure to post and make Public any particularly cool models that you wish to share!

Answers

• Options
    jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Answer ✓
    @Aras Awesome.  We are perfect for Linux users.  Keep us posted on how your workshop and use of Onshape goes.  @noa may be especially helpful.  And be sure to post and make Public any particularly cool models that you wish to share!
  • Options
    david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    @Aras It would be helpful if you put your location in your signature so folks that are close to you could attend or maybe help out.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • Options
    caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    Great initiative.
    There are a few empty commercial properties in my town (and around) that are available for pop-up activities. Might be a cool idea to host an 'Onshape store' there a couple of days in the summer... :)

Dries
  • Options
    noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    Hi @Aras , that's great that you're getting this started! It seems that more and more people are looking for others to meet up and learn/use Onshape with. We are hoping to help out with these "User Groups" but are still trying to learn what is most needed. What can we at Onshape do to help you with your User Group?

-Noa

Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Where are you located hard to tell if we are local if we don't know where it's at. I'm jealous of communities like this I wish I had one close to me.
    John McConnell - Let's change things.
    Saplingstore.com
  • Options
    arasaras Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @McConnell113 We are in Kamloops, BC. Makerspaces are very popular now, chances are there is already one near you. And if there really is nothing, you should start one! :smile:

@Noa I think the biggest thing you can do is to keep up the great work! We are really happy with what we have seen with Onshape so far, but there is still a long ways to go. If you like to send us some stickers or other material, we would be happy to spread them among participants.