Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to interpret a FeatureScript Notice

peter_morrispeter_morris Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
While developing a FeatureScript Feature I often see notices of the sort shown below.  In this example the number 75.5 appears next to the text 'myGear Feature Studio', but it doesn't appear to correlate with anything in the actual script nor have any of the other examples I've seen.  For info, myGear is the feature I'm designing and 'addendum' I know is defined but not currently used, so I understand what its telling me, I just don't understand the 75.5 bit.  Can anyone explain what it does mean and perhaps where its documented - I'm rather hoping that it will lead to more effective debugging than is possible with 'debug'.  Many thanks.
<br><div class="Quote">Variable addendum set but not used<br><pre class="CodeBlock"><code>75.5 myGear Feature Studio

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    peter_morrispeter_morris Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Kori, many thanks for this - It was 75:5, I just hadnt noticed.  Slightly unhelpfully that location is simply the start of the 'what does it do' section so didn't really point to the location that caused the error. 

It might help if there was more documentation about how to use Debug - I've now discovered I can place simple text in front of the variable so that when reading a number of debug() statements it is clear how it relates to the code..

Is there any change you'll be developing a better debug environment? (though I realise much of the challenge is my lack of familiarity with the structure and grammar!)