Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"Create Selection" - were you misled by the name?

andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
I assumed this was a general purpose way of building a selection set, with various preset filters, and wondered why, when I set it to "Fillets", I could not get it to select all the fillets in a sketch. 

I finally inferred, from the nature of the filters provided, that it was intended for building selection sets of model faces (eg  fillets on the solid model, not sketch fillets), but I thought it would perhaps at least be helpful if OnS came up with some sort of message to that effect when the user tries to apply it in a sketch.

Comments

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another approach, in the meantime (assuming the more general name is retained for future expansion) would be to simply remove "Create Selection" from the RMB menu when sketches are being edited.