Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loss of use on Samsung Galaxy S3

walter_randolphwalter_randolph Member Posts: 11
I had Onshape running on my S3 sw ver. 4.3. I hadn't used it for awhile and when I wanted to use it last week, I got a message that I needed to update the mobile app. When I tried this, the app wouldn't install with a message " app not compatable with your version" or something like that. Tried uninstalling but couldn't get it to re-install. Does anyone know what has changed in Onshape mobile to account for this and is there any way around it?

Comments

• Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    I had Onshape running on my S3 sw ver. 4.3. I hadn't used it for awhile and when I wanted to use it last week, I got a message that I needed to update the mobile app. When I tried this, the app wouldn't install with a message " app not compatable with your version" or something like that. Tried uninstalling but couldn't get it to re-install. Does anyone know what has changed in Onshape mobile to account for this and is there any way around it?
    Back in mid-September we have dropped support for older versions of Android (anything older than Kitkat, 4.4) as older Android systems cannot provide an optimal user experience. We currently do not have any plans on supporting older versions of Android for our app. We recommend using a device that uses Kitkat (4.4) or above.