Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tangent edges

Hello,

Could I select or project onto a sketch an contour which contain many lines/arcs/splines tangent between them? Example: If you want to select an edge for fillet command, it is selected all tangent contour, so I would like to select that contour when I want to project it with Use command in a sketch, to be used afterwards in a sweep command as a trajectory.
I think is not so hard to implement this option with a Shift/CTRL combination when select edges to force selection in tangent propagation mode.
It is about a similar CATIA command "Extract" with options: single edge/ tangent propagation/ in plane.

Other problem with tangent lines is in view mode. I would like to hide only tangent edges when shade mode is active. Something like in CATIA option "Shading with edges without smooth edges".

If this options are not available in OnShape, maybe it would be good to be implemented for future versions.

Thank you for your answer.

Best Answer

Answers