Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Any way to fillet the corner of a surface?

song_jaybisong_jaybi OS Professional, Developers Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Community Support
I want to apply fillet at the corner of a surface. 
Like this...

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited January 2017
    You can't extrude cut a surface or create a surface from a region. You can do a split face to get the region then remove the bit you don't want from the corner with delete face. 

I am looking forward to a suite of surfacing tools, solving some simple problems would be a great start.  
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @timrice is right, the delete face will work. I recalled it not working but just checked and it does. I will update my last post.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @song_jaybi, Currently in Onshape limited option provided for surface. But at current stage also you get your desired result after performing split face you need to perform delete part operation. Please refer below video for more detail.

• Options
    song_jaybisong_jaybi OS Professional, Developers Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thank you. @brucebartlett @timrice @viru

I also hope to be developed a suite of surfacing tool.

Viru, your sample is very good!!
    I think this way is faster than your example.

At the split phase
     select type: Face
     Face to split: Surface 1
     Entities to split with: Sketch 3

Now, This way is best for me.

Thank you.