Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

A one-shot script that populates a feature tree

max_borshmax_borsh Member, Developers Posts: 14
edited January 2017 in FeatureScript
Hi Everybody!

I had already touched upon this subject but there was no way to implement it.

Let me remind as discussion was carried out:
Is there any way to write a script that could call features in the particular order(i.e. by scenario)?

I know that I can just create another feature and call all functions (custom features) that I need to create Part. 
But in this case I'll get only one feature in my feature tree (in Part Studio) instead of the list of called features.

I want to take a list of features (then I'd get some changes at any feature):

Instead of this one:

Now I want to ask again about it. Maybe issue had been already solved and something like a one-shot script that populates a feature tree was invented.

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    As far as I'm aware there is no change.  A script can make exactly one feature in the feature tree.
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    Correct, for populating a feature tree programmatically, the API is needed.  We plan on making writing code that calls the API easier in the future.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc