Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

College Curriculum help

steve_penicksteve_penick Member Posts: 3 EDU
My students are having trouble with the College Curriculum Lesson 3 exercise 2d, screw driver, any help available?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    Hi @steve_penick, do you know what about it is causing trouble? 

For those reading along, the exercise is described here and the public document used as a starting point is available here.
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Hi @noa thanks for the links. Looks like fun! I see it's titled Week 3. Do you have links to week 1 & 2? Are there other weeks too? Thanks
  • Options
    Hi @Pahl, there's actually a full 12 weeks available! You can find it here: https://www.onshape.com/edu/college-curriculum
  • Options
    @noa
    I see your one of the coauthors, nice!
    Very much appreciated, thanks!
  • Options
    steve_penicksteve_penick Member Posts: 3 EDU
    noa said:
    Hi @steve_penick, do you know what about it is causing trouble? 

For those reading along, the exercise is described here and the public document used as a starting point is available here.
    Specifically the method used to sweep remove the driver tip. Also, where can I find the answers for all the homework assignments?
  • Options
    @steve_penick, the answers are actually in the same Onshape document and can be found as tabs along the bottom. This one in particular is here. If you continue to have trouble after seeing the answer, I'm sure our friendly community here can jump in and help.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @noa

Was going to send you a PM but could not figure out how to so guess I'll just post it here.

First off I'm really enjoying going through your college curriculum lessons and doing the homework. It must have been a lot of work to put such curriculum together, thanks!

I noticed at the top of the page for Week 2 Homework there is a link, "Drawings for Homework". The link goes to your google drive. The PDF drawings are all correct on the google drive, but the file names say for example "Week 5 - Part 1" instead of "Week 2 - Exercise 1".

Thanks

• Options
    sean_rastsmith154sean_rastsmith154 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Sorry, I know this is an older thread, but I have some students wanting to do a screwdriver and came across this part of the college curriculum. However, when I try and access the excercise or the document, it either sends me to log-in or says not available in Google Drive. I do have an edu Onshape account. Where should I go?
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Sorry, I know this is an older thread, but I have some students wanting to do a screwdriver and came across this part of the college curriculum. However, when I try and access the excercise or the document, it either sends me to log-in or says not available in Google Drive. I do have an edu Onshape account. Where should I go?
    I archived the old Onshape College Curriculum plus some of my own assignments on GitHub. Here is the link. https://github.com/profbrady/Teaching_Onshape

Brian
  • Options
    Does anyone have the OnShape workspaces stored as well? I found some of them online in public, but not sure they are correct.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the OnShape workspaces stored as well? I found some of them online in public, but not sure.

Ps. Nevermind, it is loaded in the very bottom of the OnShape Curriculum folder. PDF with links to OnShape Designs.