Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

scale a sketch entity

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would be nice to have scale added to the transform command. 

It is useful when creating a sketch from tracing over an image. 
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• engineer_fundamentalsengineer_fundamentals Member Posts: 1
    While not a command in its own right [which is needed], when you trace a sketch the whole sketch will scale when you add your first dimension [best if you fully trace the lines and then dimension a external distance you can easily measure to get the sketch to the right size]rs t

Alternatively you can scale the image first by adding dimensions to its edge and then trace at the right size.
  • jeffrey_hawkinsjeffrey_hawkins Member Posts: 8 EDU
    The suggestion (and all methods of scaling that I am aware of) are insufficient. Imagine two circles, side by side. If you scale them both 10% larger, the space between them also becomes 10% larger. This may not be (as in my case right now) the desired outcome. 

One could scale each circle... Yes. But what if there are hundreds? A tool is needed to scale a sketch entity, such that each sketch entity selected is treated as having the tool act upon it. This would have to be a bit smart, so constraints would be maintained. But I can see lots of uses for such a tool.