Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

tangent mate for mating cylinder with intersecting planes.

lorne_2lorne_2 Member Posts: 5
Hi,
  I am fairly new to Onshape.  I am having trouble figuring out how to mate a cylinder with two different intersecting planes. Here is a link to my project.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Before Neil and 10 other people start working on this - i am building an answer :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    Thanks, I just got back to this now, I will review once I have a chance.  Thanks for the in-depth reply!
  • Options
    And yes, you did read my mind correctly about my design intent!
  • Options
    I am trying this out for  myself now finally.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to define mate connectors on my sketch.  I had assumed I would have to exit out of the sketch and define the mate connectors in the assembly, but I can't figure out how to show the sketch on the assembly level.
  • Options
    I figured it out.  You need to define the mate connector from within the part workspace.  I was trying to do it in the assembly.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    ^^^ :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape