Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Documentation suggestions

cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
edited March 2017 in Community Support
As requested, I will use the forum to make documentation suggestions for FeatureScript. This will help a lot as you will have fewer requests over the long run. I'll just add to this question as I learn things that could be helpful.

And as I suggested earlier, life would be much easier if you open source the documentation in github and let users submit pull requests. You can maintain total control over testing, releases and documentation quality, and you'll get fully formatted documentation suggestions to work with (saving you and any of us that want to contributue ton of time). Every big open source project works this way, and I am only suggesting you open source FS documentation, not the source code (although that would be nice too in the future).

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    qSketchRegion:

featureId: The unique id for the sketch that you wish to query.

filterInnerLoops:
    [add] A fully contained sketch region is a region in the sketch that is enclosed in the sketch, and does not have any portion that crosses or extends beyond the sketch. For example, if a contained sketch region has a point or curve that shares a border with the enclosing sketch, it will <i>not<i> be filtered.
  • Options
    It's not obvious that the featureId refers to the entire sketch (i.e., not part of a sketch which the name of the function seems to infer). And explaining exactly how filterInnerLoops works and what is included would have made it much easier to work with. Further, now that I understand how to use qContainsPoint, it might be good to mention that as an alternative (it actually works better and gives you a lot more control, with very little work).