Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

invalid state at end of execution

cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
I had a FS feature working fine, then started getting this error. All I did was set the material for parts that were generated. Now I cannot get rid of the error, even if I roll back to before the point of setting the material. Any idea what's wrong? See the attached screen shot.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I closed and reopened the browser (Chrome in this case) and now it's working again.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I was able to duplicate this again by assigning a material to several parts at once. I closed Chrome and reopened it, still the same issue. This time I could roll back before that change without restarting Chrome again and it seems to work. Definitely looks like a bug.

I tracked it down further, it is related to my use of debug. I have a logMessage function that looks like this:

export function logMessage(context, debugFlag is boolean, text is string, object) {<br>    if(!debugFlag)<br>        return;<br>    <br>    println(text);<br>    debug(context, object);<br>}<br><br>
    This function has been working fine for months, not sure what is different now.

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    That does sound like a bug -- something might have regressed in the release.  I could not reproduce it just by creating a part studio with a few parts and assigning a material to a subset of them.  Could you please submit a feedback ticket with reproduction steps and we'll take a look?
    Thanks!
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    Thanks @ilya_baran I submitted a ticket last night and the team is working on it.
  • Options
    This appears to be working fine now, thanks.