Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Zoom to selection

andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Product Feedback
I was surprised to find, in an assembly or part studio, when I select a face or a part and choose RMB "Zoom to Fit",

that I get the same result as if I had not selected that face or part; in Autocad terms, it simply "zooms to extents"

It seems to me that treating this as "Zoom to Selection" would be an easy way to enrich the behaviour without cluttering the interface with any further controls.

It could also be useful in a large, complex sketch (which the Onshape paradigm actively encourages)

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    @andrew_troup , I think "Zoom to fit" option work for all shown entity ( Example: Part, plane,Surface, Origin, mate-connector, helix etc. ) fit to window environment either user select a face or a part and choose RMB "Zoom to Fit" option or not selected that face and part. If any user wanted to fit all entity in window environment then he have to choose "Zoom to fit" option. It work similar to "fit" option in NX and "Refit" option in Pro-E.

With the help of "Zoom to Selection" option user can reach selected part, face and edge very conveniently. In this only selected thing zoom and fit to window environment.

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @viru
    to clarify: you have revived an earlier thread, and at the time it was written, there was no 'Zoom to Selection' option. I thought it might be feasible to use the same command for "Zoom to Fit" and "Zoom to Selection", given that Onshape is dedicated to doing more with less. 

However that train has since left the station: alea jacta est.