Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Group Custom Features

john_kuyperjohn_kuyper Member Posts: 28 EDU
The idea is simple.  Be able to group Custom Features into drop downs.

As I find more and more Custom Features, the list is getting longer and longer.  I would love to be able to create drop down groups of custom features.  For example, I would want to create a group of planes.  It would operate much like pattern features are grouped together.

It would also be really nice if the custom feature developer (and / or the end user) could create meaningful icons for Custom Features.
13 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    +1 for icons

2 characters is not clear, when you have a bunch of feature scripts with the same 2 characters used...
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I will move this over to the FeatureScript category so our team can see these two improvements.  Must more effective there.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Maybe when creating the feature, there could be an "attribute" field so features with the same attribute will be grouped in to one category.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!