Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Scroll Wheel and Documents

s_d665s_d665 Member Posts: 5
I keep accidentally ending up on my documents page when using the scroll wheel and I'm not sure what shortcut I keep triggering. Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    s_d665s_d665 Member Posts: 5
    It occasionally also switches to a differently part studio or assembly studio. 
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    What operating system and browser are you using? Does your mouse wheel have back/forward buttons somewhere on the mouse or by clicking the scroll wheel to the left and right? It seems like your mouse may be triggering 'back' events on your browser.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    David_GlaserDavid_Glaser Member Posts: 1 PRO
    I had the same problem with a logitech wireless mouse and it did turn out that pushing the wheel to the side was the source of the problem. I didn't even know that the mouse had that functionality.
  • Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    If you use a Logitech mouse, you can download their "Setpoint" software. In one of the screens you can modify the button actions for the mouse. I.e. back button clicks "s" and so on.

You can also have different actions for different programs or have global settings for the buttons. I.e a video game has back button set as "r" and chrome has that button set as "s"

Very useful to have highly used hotkeys mapped to buttons you otherwise may not use.