Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape is too hard to find parts in, and Onshape cannot import existing parts into a new document

AnOnshapeUserAnOnshapeUser Member Posts: 6
Building a part in Onshape is easy and reliable.

But that's not all you need from an engineering program.  You also need to organize your work neatly, find things easily years later, and copy and paste parts into new documents.  None of those options is available with Onshape, and unless they have fixed this or I am mistaken, it's a reason to not use it if you can afford better programs.

Looking for a part I made in the chain of versions is extremely time consuming.  The names in the lists appear and disappear, the parts are not pictured next to the names.  It's not a go

Entire documents are indeed nicely arranged and sortable and searchable and see-able...but it appears it is IMPOSSIBLE to export a part I am working on into a new document and then have that as a separate document.

Shame.  For me it's just a matter of time till I switch to something better.  Unless someone can point me in the right direction...