Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing Assemblies into Intact

tlewis3348tlewis3348 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited April 2017 in App Store & Partners Apps
I'm trying to perform a simulation on an assembly in the Intact integrated cloud app. I have subscribed to the app, and have added a tab to the document for it. From that tab, I click on the "Import Model" button and select my assembly. After doing so, there is a message saying that the model is importing and to try refreshing the page in a few minutes to see the model However, it doesn't matter if I wait a few minutes or a few days, the model never shows up. If I just import a single part, it shows up almost immediately though.

Does the Intact app not work with assemblies, is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a bug that needs fixed?

Edit:

The example model linked here seems to be just a single part containing several solid bodies whereas my model is an assembly of several parts each containing a single solid body. Does Intact not work properly when there are multiple parts in an assembly?

Comments

• Options
    Andrew_TaberAndrew_Taber Member, Developers Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hello!

Hopefully I can be helpful (I'm an engineer at Intact). The Intact App does work with assemblies. Our import process runs as a background task (because Onshape models can be very large), so if the queue is backed up it can take quite a while. It does sound like it eventually imported though - we do support multiple parts in an assembly, and you can assign different materials to each part in the simulation setup phase.

Does that answer your concerns?