Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can i select a mid-point of a line or i have to place a point at mid-point of line

Can i select a mid-point of a line  or i have to place a point using Mid-point constraint.

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If you need to reference a midpoint reliably, place a point. OS will automatically "wake up" the midpoint relation option if you're trying to drag or place a point or line endpoint near the midpoint of a line. But if you want to select the midpoint all on its own, you can't. For example, to make the midpoint of line1 coincident with line2, you would have to first place a point on the midpoint of line1 using a midpoint relation. After that you could then mate the point to be coincident to line2. Hope that helps.