Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help with Onshape assembly tools (Trebuchet project)

devin_maynarddevin_maynard Member Posts: 4
edited May 2017 in Community Support

i'm working on a quick sketch for a floating arm trebuchet i'm making in an engineering class and need help selecting and using the correct mate tool in the on shape assembly tool. i need the axle on the end of the throwing arm to slide up and down within the rectangular slot running up and down the center of the main truss. here is a link to my Onshape document for reference, any help is greatly appreciated https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f0f670cc3201ce04f987ae1a/w/723209b2cfa2750e2fb9c9cd/e/d8732549292a58fa44415b73

Answers

• paul_brittonpaul_britton Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
      The vertical axle motion in the frame would be a 'Pin and slot Mate' as I see you have done but with Xmax limit set to 19in.

Not sure about the roller on the arm with the frame though.... it is a kind of intermittent Tangent Mate, but I don't know how you model this....