Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotating part view in Onshape with 2016 macbook pro trackpad

zachreinkezachreinke Member Posts: 9
I know this topic has been discussed several times on the forum but the prescribed solution in previous threads does not work on my 2016 macbook pro. I have tried enabling (click in bottom right corner) for my secondary click but I still cant get it to work! Any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    @bradley_sauln has his trackpad set up just like yours.

Mine is set up with the secondary click being two fingers. This make is so you don't need to hold one finger in the corner while moving another, you can move both in sync around the trackpad.

Jason

Support & QA
  • Options
    zachreinkezachreinke Member Posts: 9
    @Jason_S thanks for the reply. I think I discovered the problem. I had my Onshape view settings set to emulate the SolidWorks environment. This assigns the rotate function to the middle mouse button (see image). The "secondary Click" on a mac is really the right button. Once I switched to the Onshape default sittings it assigned the rotate function back the "right button" and now it works!