Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I extrude with offset from the sketch plane?

Hi all, 

I'm just curious with the extrude feature. I was wondering if I can extrude a sketch offset from the sketch plane? Whenever I need to create a solid off from the sketch plane I need to extrude(add) the sketch and extrude(remove) the length I want to offset from the plane. I remember this being an option in SW so I was wondering if there is an option in Onshape to allow me to perform the same action; instead of making two extrusion. 

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    jon_krapejon_krape Member Posts: 1
    I agree this would be valuable. Sometimes I draw a handle or similar on one plane, and then want it to be used in two instances on opposite sides of the model. Having offsets with second end position support would be great!
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you can create more than the sketch plane offset option if you use the Second end position in the same direction than the first.
    In this example I created an extrusion from an equidistant one face to another equidistant to another face

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Nothing to add, that Second end position with offset possibilities makes a single sketch very powerful 'heart' of model.
    //rami