Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D connexion mouse

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Community Support
Hi, is your 3D mouse always fluid?

Often on any of the default geometry planes or their opposite planes for that matter my mouse won't tilt I have to use the view cube to get a better rotation. Is it a bad setup or a limitation with Onshape? I have updated my 3D mouse driver this morning in case it would resolve the situation but it did not help.

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I haven't experienced any issues in say 2017.. in the beginning it needed a lot of 'refreshing' (reboot drivers etc..) but more recent drivers seem to work fine for me using 3dc mouse pro with pc and personal with laptop - both running current version of windows and chrome with Onshape.
    //rami
  • Options
    DMSengineerDMSengineer Member Posts: 4 PRO
    I use a 3D mouse, and have issues with the tilt and pan every now and again. this is fixed by restarting chrome and mouse drivers. 
  • Options
    Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Hum! That's more of an ongoing work around for me. I would not consider this solution a fix but thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    @Josy_La,

Are you running Windows or Mac? Which version of your OS are you using? Which SpaceMouse are you using? Are your settings for the SpaceMouse set to "Onshape"? Which version of which browser? All of these variables are needed for us to diagnose your issue. Also, please feel free to file a support ticket so we can look into your issue deeper 1 on 1.

Thanks!

Jason
    Support & QA
  • Options
    Stefan_DMSStefan_DMS Member Posts: 48 PRO
    Josy_La said:
    Hum! That's more of an ongoing work around for me. I would not consider this solution a fix but thanks anyway.
    This was happening a couple times a week, when I first started using onshape (earlier this year) I haven't had the issue in over 4 weeks now. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In some recent thread someone described that creating a new doc would trigger driver to recognize Onshape instead of browser.. didn't work for me

As I wrote earlier, very few issues during this year but yesterday 3d mouse suddenly didn't work.

This was the first time I couldn't find immediately fix. I tried:
    - Create new doc
    - Shift reload multiple times
    - Kill 3dconnexion processes and restart driver
    - Kill chrome & restart

Didn't succeed.

All other programs were regocnized by 3dc driver but chrome remains chrome. Then I updated to newest 3dc driver that also required pc restart, now it works again.

Don't know if it was new driver or pc restart that fixed the issue..

ps. I'm on windows 10 pc..
    //rami
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Rami - its not bullet-proof - but sometimes restarting the browser helps. Please also notify 3DConnexion so that they know this is happening!
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I've noticed sometimes 3dConnection and web browsers don't like to play well with each other.

Sometimes it recognizes onshape and will configure the button layout they way if have it in my profile. Other times it will just stay the default button layout.

As far as rotations and such. I've never had any issue.
  • Options
    KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I have problems with my 3dconnexion mice too. I use Space Explorer but tested also Spacepilot Pro. I can only zoom in Onshape but not rotate or pan. I tested above fixes and none of them helped.
    I tested Chrome x64, Firefox x64 and Firefox x32.
    I think the problem can be that 3dconnexion driver recognize Onshape as "Chrome" or "Firefox" where only scrolling is available. I'm not sure but I think when it worked ok some weeks ago then 3dconnexion driver recognized Onshape as "Onshape".
    I opened support ticket #99203.
  • Options
    @Krz
    You should always see 'Onshape' in 3dc settings, otherwise it doesn't work properly.

It shouldn't be Onshape issue but rather 3dconnexion driver issue. Do you have the newest driver?

ps. Are you on windows or mac? Linux is not supported..
    //rami
  • Options
    @3dcad
    As I mentioned I tried all tips including newest 3dconnexion and nVidia drivers. Windows 10.
    I do not think it is a driver issue as it worked before with old driver.
    I would expect some changes in Firefox and Chrome which predict driver to see Onshape inside Firefox or Chrome as a separated Onshape process.

/Krz
  • Options
    Solved. It seems that uninstalling LogitechSetPoint has solved the problem for me.