Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Converting Units

dan_kuesterdan_kuester Member Posts: 2
On my current drawing I used all inches for my units. I bought a Qidi 3D printer and their software is all metric units. Is there a feature that allows you to convert units and they will automatically scale? Meaning if I have a dimension that is 2 inches, when I change to mm it will be 50.8 mm not 2 mm.

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you export to STL, you can select whatever units you want, and it will scale properly. If you want to actually edit the part using metric units, you need to change your Workspace Units setting. Again, all dimensions will auto scale. Changing units doesn't change your geometry, just the dimensions used to describe it.