Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Document properties

david_watkinsdavid_watkins Member Posts: 15 PRO
edited July 2017 in Community Support
Is there a way to set and link to document properties? Everything in my documents are the same project and I would like to have a project properties at the document level that I fill in one time and  is linked on all drawings in the document. I found the workspace properties "Name" but can't find how to link to it on a drawing? Can more be added?

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,900 PRO
    edited July 2017
    Yes, and yes:

Start here:

You can edit 1 or multiple parts at a time by shift selecting from the list on the left
    All the properties on the right are OnShape Default. If you want to add more, you will need to create a "Company" and add more properties in that way.
    Whenever you set the owner of the document to the company, than all of the properties defined in the company will also show here.

Link them to your drawings by creating a note and using the drop down shown here:

More information here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bzm55kCiLI

• Options
    david_watkinsdavid_watkins Member Posts: 15 PRO
    @john_mcclary Thanks, I have been doing that but did not know bout the shift selecting so that does help some.  I was looking for a workspace level property rather than a studio or part level. That way any new studio/part in the same workspace would not have to have the same property added, it would just be linked to the workspace property.